Thursday, May 27, 2010

That Funky Place Again

Yes, indeed. Somehow, someway, I have managed to find that funky place once again to settle myself down deep into. The dreadful place where nothing seems to make me happy and I can't find anything to do. Bored? No. Not boredom. I learned quickly as a child that saying, "I'm bored" immediately got me outside picking potato bugs off the potato plants or pulling dandelions from the grass. Thus, I am never bored.

Funky? Yes. I claim a funk without the boredom. Its entirely possibly. Trust me. My watermelon razor cami? About two hours from completion. Do I want to sit and finish it? No. I don't know why, but I just don't want to. I started a new crocheted skirt instead. But as fate would have it, I don't want to work on that either. And I don't feel like sewing on the linen skirt I have cut out either. I have tried to make cards this week. Nothing doing. It took me four hours yesterday to churn out two mediocre cards. It would appear to most that I have lost my creative spirit.

Or have I?

You see...I lean slightly towards the notion that I am becoming more of a "Family Woman". I have prayed for God to turn my heart toward my husband, his needs and my daughter and her needs. Maybe that is beginning to occur. Maybe I would rather a rousing game of Candyland or Cooties over a crocheted skirt. Maybe a round or two of frisbee golf with my family means more to me than a knitted camisole.

Who knows? All I know is that I am baking again for the first time in months. Cookies, cakes, breads and the like. I am also cooking more meals, eating out less and enjoying it immensely. I have a batch of granola in the oven as we speak. So, it can't entirely be classified as a total funk. Maybe just a partial funk. Or a creative funk. I don't know. But its okay. I am okay. I will find those creative juices somewhere down inside me eventually. Until then, I will enjoy this cooking mood to the fullest while it here to visit. And maybe, just maybe, I will take some pictures of things soon to show you all. (I am also in the middle of a photography funk. Go figure.) Hopefully though, this post will be the end of my blogging funk.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have been/am there right now too. There is just not enough time in the day to do everything I seem to want/need to do and caring for my family is so much more rewarding and fun than anything else. :) It's a blessing. Hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend!