Friday, June 04, 2010

Weaving My Own Spiderweb

This skirt has long sat on my WIM (Work in Mind) list or PIM (Project in Mind) list, whichever you want to call it, for quite some time now. I would have to say approximately 3-4 years to be perfectly honest. I have dreamed and longed and drooled and exclaimed and anticipated and drooled some more for plenty long enough now. Its time to get this baby done.

I purchased some lovely teal bamboo yarn while in NYC on my yarn shopping spree this spring, but lo and behold, I could not obtain gauge with it. The yarn was too small and if I went up a couple of hooks sizes to obtain gauge, the top portion of the skirt would be too "holey" and show my undergarments. Nope. No can do. Not gonna happen.

So, I headed to my LYS and picked up some of this lovely Berroco Weekend cotton yarn. Not quite what I had in mind but lovely, none-the-less.

Photobucket


Progress is being made daily on this bit of lacy goodness and I should be done in a couple of days if it continues this way. Oh boy oh boy, I can't wait! I really can't. And the wrist is holding up okay for this too...as long as I don't sit and crochet for more than 2 hours a day, I can handle it.

I must be off now. Chloe and I have a puppet show presentation to create today. We will be showing it to Daddy tonight and if we get lucky, maybe he will videotape it so we can show you all too. Have a fabulous Friday everyone! I'll chat at you again soon. Maybe even today if I can get some recent card projects photographed.

1 comment:

LadySnow said...

Can't wait to see it finished! We would love to have you visit this fall. Would James be able to come this time too? We have soccer, but I am sure the children would love if Chloe joined in (I guess it depends on when you come). Maybe we could all go to the Creation Museum too. :-)