Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Journey Begins Anew

You all may be wondering, "whatever happened to James and Anna's adoption plans?" right? Well, they sort of got put on hold last summer when we received James orders to Afghanistan. They don't want you to adopt if you have a move on the foreseeable horizen, so we put the process on hold until we were a little bit more sure of our stability in this house.

Well, as you may recall, we did not receive our orders to England last month as we anticipated so that allowed me to broach the subject of adoption once again.

The answer is YES! We are beginning our adoption process once more. We have picked an agency and will be contacting them this week to pursue the 27 hours of training we need before we can start the home study through them. I am excited. I am nervous. I am scared. So many emotions are running through me at the moment.

I began reading the book Attaching in Adoption last night. I will probably be reading every positive, helpful adoption book I can get my hands on in the next year or two. Oh...how thrilling to be on this journey once more and hopefully the end of that journey will be with a child in our arms and not another deployment. I can't wait to share with you the ups and downs of our journey. Its bound to be exciting and heart-wrenching and everything in between.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

As a mom of biological children as well as an adopted daughter from China, I can only be envious of your journey! Adoption was one of the most rewarding times of our lives and I would do it again in a minute. We used America World and would recommend them HIGHLY. They were absolutely amazing in the process, never pressuring us in any steps or decisions, as they prayed over each child's referral. Are you considering a domestic adoption or foreign? Our daughter is a special needs child (cleft lip and cleft palate) from China. We took our other three daughters on the two week trip to bring Ruby home. All I can say is "have an amazing journey"! God revealed Himself to us in so many ways. The process was truly a gift of His presence in our lives. I'll be reading!
Blessings,
Lisa