Monday, July 26, 2010

Unplugged

Our family is officially "unplugged" for the week. No more television, movies, video games, computer games, internet browsing...and the like. (The only exceptions are school and business purposes.)

Photobucket

Photobucket


I spend waaaayyyyyy too much time on the computer and playing video games. It hit me Saturday night while James and I were trying to figure out what to do together. I suggested watch a movie and we spent the next half hour jumping from one channel to the next trying to find a "good show" to watch. Finally I said, "this is silly...let's play the Wii." Yep...took us the next 30 minutes to settle on which game to play. TIME WASTED! By the time we played the game once, it was bedtime. We could have played Monopoly in that time and been able to talk, laugh and enjoy each other instead of fussing over the television.

Lightbulb Moment!

So, we are unplugged this week. (At least Chloe and I are.) And I will attempt to post each day to tell you of all the things we get accomplished when we are not glued to a screen of some sort. My morning computer time (for emails and blogging purposes) is now over and I must be off to begin our first day of school. (more about that on my other blog later this evening.)

No comments: