Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Done With the Easy

I might be able to come up with one or two easy sewing projects from the stash left in my closet, but for the most part I have completed all the quick, easy projects I can. This next week I will still try to sew on some projects, but these will be a bit more involved then a few seams in pajama pants.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I love these sweet pajamas. I love the monkey fabric with cupcakes sprinkled around. I love the bright pink "bloomers". I love the pattern. Butterick 6659. Now this pattern would not be classified as "easy" but it is fairly straight forward and I enjoyed making it. Honestly though, sewing these pajamas was the first time in quite a long time that I actually enjoyed sewing for sewing. I enjoyed the process of sewing. More on that in another post though. For now we will just see more sweet pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I really wanted to sew matchy-mathcy pants with this fabric for Chloe and I. She wanted me to as well. But I just could not squeeze two sets of pants out of it. Chloe is a bit disappointed, but I told her I might buy some Christmas fabric closer to the holiday and sew up some matching pants for us.

Photobucket


Can you guess what pattern I used? Yup. You got it. McCalls 3019. I mentioned last time I made these that I was thinking of trying out the smaller size of the pattern. I did that on these pants. They fit absolutely fine. And you can see that I am still able to strike ballet poses in them.

Photobucket


I am in desperate need of some simple but stylish skirts to wear. I have gotten quite tired of wearing black or brown skirts every day with pretty tops. I want some pretty skirts with brown or black tops now. Hence this next skirt. It is the third one I made last week with color in the skirt. Hooray! Now I won't be boring!

Photobucket

Photobucket


This is McCalls 5431. I opted for a two tone skirt. I love how it came out.

I need to get some pictures and show you the progress I have made on my New Year's Resolution. Maybe I will work on that this afternoon. I am quite pleased with the progress myself and thought you all might like a glimpse of it. Also, I would like to buy some fabric this week and I need to prove that I am justified in doing so. But that is a topic for another post. I have a little one begging to start school so I must be off. And coffee calls!

Have a breathtaking day.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Anna,
Love your photos! The white background is so nice. I'm heading over to Hobby Lobby today and just might pick up that McCall's skirt pattern. I really like the tier on the bottom. Reminiscent of a sweet apron over a skirt.

My girls and I were marveling at how big Chloe is getting! Such a pretty girl. I've been reading your blog for a number of years now, back when you sold patterns through your blog. I have your crocheted apron pattern that I love. It's so nice to follow along and see her grow!
Blessings,
Lisa

Crochetingangel said...

Aww she is so sweet and getting so big. Just love the monkey jammies, and your skirt is beautiful. Great Job!