Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bundles of Cuddlesome Cats

James walked in the door yesterday with these in his hand.

Photobucket

Photobucket


What a lovely bunch of roses. He thanked me for all my hard work lately around the house. All the meals I have cooked, all the baking I have done, cleaning, homes chooling and even the Roman Dinner Party. I know they are expensive, but I just love a bouquet of flowers sitting on my table. They bring a smile to my face whenever I walk into the room. I wish I could afford to have a vase full of flowers there every day, or a garden to produce the flowers. Alas, my gardening skills are not up to par with such a request.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I worked on my afghan half the afternoon yesterday.

Photobucket


After joining the first row of squares, I headed upstairs to pick up the next row and do you know what I found???

Photobucket

Photobucket



Someone had promptly established their residence in the now empty basket for a nap.

Photobucket


Such a smug little thing. Oh, but what's this now???

Photobucket


While Pattycakes chose the basket for her napping pleasure, Twillerbee staked her claim on the afghan itself.

Photobucket


She knows a good thing when she sees it. The good news is that I finished another two rows in addition to the one you see above and have them all joined up. I hope to be able to finish the other two rows today and get the edging done tonight so that tomorrow we will have a finished afghan. The checkerboard effect is growing on me. It doesn't look so bad as I imagined last week.

I am off to school now and then we have a few places to visit today. Hiking in the park, a library run for books, grocery store...maybe and well, we will see what we have time for. Have a fantastic Wednesday everyone.

1 comment:

LadySnow said...

Well, I am jealous! ;-) The flowers are gorgeous and the afghan is looking great!