Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Late Night Sewing

I couldn't sleep last night. I tried. I just couldn't. Sleep decided not to visit me until the wee hours of the morning. Instead of lying in bed, brooding with my grim and nebulous thoughts, I perused my fabric stash and sewing patterns, dusted off the Bernina and sat down to work. I needed something happy.

Photobucket


This definitely qualifies itself for happy fabric at midnight. Yes, indeed. The sound of my scissors slicing through the fabric calmed my heightened nerves. The gentle whirring of my Bernina softened the sobbing of my mind.

Photobucket


By the end of the project I felt much more at ease with the world and my contributions to it.

Photobucket

Photobucket


By 3:30 am, I was ready to lay my head on the pillow in a peaceful slumber. I know I did not solve all the issues in the world with my simple skirt, but just the sewing of it put me in a better frame of mind to tackle the circumstances I face.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


This skirt was not the only thing I worked on late last night, but I will save the others for another post. I am off to school now. We have some fun things in store today and I don't want to miss it. Catch you all later.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Love, love, love crafty therapy! :) The fabric is happy and your skirt is beautiful. Very professional looking too. I want to sew some loose capris out of t shirt material, kind of like gauchos, but not so much fabric. I have 1 pair from Old Navy, but haven't seen any more, so maybe there will be sewing in my future too. Have a great day!

Lea said...

I was the same last night.......couldn't sleep..lots of prayers for so many folks.....

some times I just feel so burdened by others sadness that I feel sad too...

perhaps I should have created a bit like you... I opted for the toss and turn method...and mine certainly didn't turn out as well as yours!!

LadySnow said...

Oooooo....I like that skirt a lot! :-)

Miss Sews-it-all said...

What a great late-nite sewing project, I love it! Here's another great way to spend some time getting inspired in those wee hours of the morn' - click over to www.WeAllSew.com to find all kinds of sewing links. You can even check the Sew to Serve page for ideas of how you can stitch some love for those in need!