Friday, August 20, 2010

My Knitted Sampler Afghan

My knitted magnum opus!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And my family loves it.

Photobucket

Photobucket


When I first asked James to pose with "his" blanket but NOT to let his arms come in contact with it (he has a huge poison ivy rash on one of his arms) he sat down and gave me a bit of his best humor...

Photobucket


I love that guy. He can always make me laugh.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


What am I going to do with all my free time now??? This afghan took forever! I will have to think on it and get back to you another day. For now, I will simply enjoy my sampler afghan by lounging underneath its coziness and warmth while I teach Chloe in school.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my! Oh dear! Wow! You did a great job. Great afghan, absolutely gorgeous, and you can already see it will be a family treasure to enjoy. That's why I like afghans so much. It's not about the making of it, though that is definitely a fun thing to do, it's about the family time spent together, the cuddleness it brings. Enjoy your day!

LadySnow said...

I love it...I love it! I would love to have a blanket with a bunch of the tree squares in Autumn colors. Not like I have time to make one though...but I can dream :-)

Lisa said...

Absolutely beautiful job, Anna! You must feel so wonderful to see it all finished and being enjoyed by James and Chloe!

Blessings,
Lisa

Anna said...

It does feel great to have it done. And I have such a wonderful family who will enjoy it to its fullest. This afghan is t truly an heirloom. I am excited about the cooler months coming soon so we can snuggle up under it.