Monday, August 23, 2010

Spiderweb Skirt

Running out of yarn just before the end of a project always sparks a bit of annoyance and a feeling of exasperation. When I run out yarn three times before the end of a project...well...you can imagine the feelings issued forth under such circumstances. Let's just say, I was not a happy crocheter this weekend. I drove to the yarn store yesterday afternoon to pick up a hank of Berroco Weekend to finish the last 25 stitches on my Spiderweb Lace Skirt.

Photobucket

Photobucket


She is definitely going to need lined. Oh joy! More shopping!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Despite the fact that she needs lined, I adore this skirt! I love her ethereal gracefulness and perfect femininity.

I have an idea I am tossing around in my head regarding something like a 20 or 25 project goal of items to finish before I tackle the quilt or the tablecloth or one of the other ginormous projects on the WIP list. More on that in another post. I am off to school with the Little. Have a glorious day!

3 comments:

LadySnow said...

It looks great!

Sarah said...

Oh my! That's just breath taking, it is feminine, ethereal and graceful! The color is perfect too. I love stuff like this, it just makes you feel like a lady. You did a good job.

GrammyT said...

I am so glad that I seen this posting as I have been pondering doing this skirt. Now I know I will. Thanks Anna