Monday, August 02, 2010

Unplugged Update

After a week of unplugging myself from the television set and the laptop (and desktop), I feel completely rejuvenated. My days flow so much more easily along with less hiccups and less stress. I guess it all boils down to time management.

We took a break from living unplugged and spent some time playing Mario Party 8 on the Wii this weekend. I didn't feel an incredible urge to play though. I just enjoyed some quality time with my family, laughing and enjoying each others presence. Each day of living unplugged, that fierce urge to sit and veg in front of the television waned more and more. Ahhhh, it felt so good to finally sit down Friday evening and want to knit a square for my afghan instead of pushing the "on" button on the remote control.

I think we will continue unplugging for a second week. I read 3 books last week and knit 2 squares on my afghan. I wonder what I can accomplish this week without the beckoning call of a computer screen or television set goading me to laziness?

No comments: