Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Catching Leaves

Chloe begged for fall to arrive the entire summer. And while I didn't really understand why she felt this way, I completely agreed. Well, as Autumn drew near, she began to mention her desire to catch a leaf. Okay. Now I understood. But where did this desire come from? I don't really know. Who can ever know how ideas enter a five year old's mind?

Photobucket


Anyways, my plans for a big celebration for the first day of fall...well...fell. We barely had time to make it outside to walk in the leaves that day. So, last week, I took Chloe out for her promised leaf catching day. She enjoyed it so thoroughly that I expect this will become a yearly tradition.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We even saw a few fairy dwellings while out and about in our woodlands. We stopped to watch the river roll by. We caught a caterpillar and made a little home for him with stones.

Photobucket


I love fall! How about you?

(P.S. Leaf catching is much harder than it would seem. I only caught one leaf and poor, dear Chloe failed to catch any. But you wouldn't have noticed with all the giggles and and laughter that filled those woods that day.)

3 comments:

LadySnow said...

Sounds like a wonderful day and Autumn is my favorite season!

Sarah said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I may have to take Miss A~ out for a leaf catching day too. :)

Lisa said...

You totally brought me back to my childhood. I have always loved love to catch leaves as they fall to the ground. I was amazed by the idea that this leaf had grown and was untouched by anyone or anything until the moment that I caught it falling to the ground.
I'm sure Chloe will catch one soon!
Blessings,
Lisa