Wednesday, December 22, 2010

All Dressed Up

Photobucket


We officially began our Christmas baking Monday. I say "officially" because we've been baking since about a week before Thanksgiving but everything we've made since that time has since been devoured for this reason or that. Never mind the reason. That's not the important thing. The important fact is that we've officially started the holiday baking (some of which will hopefully survive the three days left until Christmas) and our house is beginning to smell like Christmas.

You know the smell. Ginger. Cinnamon. Cloves. Nutmeg. Sugar. Oh...how I love the smell of sugar mixed with...well...with just about anything, really.

When I asked Chloe which cookie would be the most important cookie for her to bake this year, she methodically turned the pages of the cookbook until she spied the page of gingerbread men. She paused, pointed and then proclaimed, "These guys!"

How could I say no?

Chloe ran excitedly to retrieve her apron from the hook and pulled it over her head, ready to begin the sweet making process.

Photobucket

Photobucket


We made dozens of these cute little men.

Photobucket


Poor, naked little men. We needed to dress them up. I broke down and bought some fancy supplies this year. Black and Red edible candies from the local cake store. Perfect for eyes and buttons.

Photobucket


We even granted a few, choice men some personality. Oh how delighted they were to pose for us.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Towards the end of the dressing session, I found myself adding the eyes and buttons myself, a job which had previously been assigned to Chloe. I finished off the task myself...

Photobucket


...and went to look for Chloe.

Photobucket


I spotted her apron hanging on the chair and immediately knew she had expired.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Yup. Completely tuckered out. Poor dear. Fashioning a gingerbread army is arduous work. I was left to finish the holiday baking myself because Chloe was to come down with a stomach bug the very next day. More on the other goodies in another post though. It's family game night and I hear laughter downstairs that I wish to be a part of. I'll chat at you again soon. Happy Wednesday everyone!

3 comments:

LadySnow said...

Poor girl. Making cookies is terribly hard work. :-) Hope she feels better by Christmas.

MakeupFanatic27 said...

Hey Anna It's cousin Liz! I'm following your blog cause it's just too cute! lol Chole looks adorable like always, and these gingerbread man look super yummy! You guys did a great job on them. This reminds me to get cracking on these Christmas cookies! haha

Tell the family I said Hello and Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

Lea said...

Hope and pray all was well for Christmas! She is just precious... I wish I had littles around for Christmas