Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Rearranging the Home Schedule

For 12 years, I have always cleaned my home on Mondays. Growing up it was Saturday, per my mother's request (and routine). I like Mondays better. So, when I married James, I picked Monday as my house cleaning day.

This week I put into practice something new. Completely new and different. You see, homeschooling poses new dilemmas in a routine orientated person such as myself but also assists one in becoming creative in solving such dilemmas. I changed my "home blessing" routine. Instead of spending an hour or two cleaning on Mondays, I have now spread it out over the entire week. I also took other chores and spread them out so hopefully cleaning will take up less time in my day so I can play more.

Here is my new weekly home blessing routine...

Monday:
Change Bed Sheets
Do Laundry
Sweep Floors
Mop Floors
Zone Clean 15 min.

Tuesday:
Vacuum
Iron Clothes
Water Plants
Zone Clean 15 min

Wednesday:
Take out Trash
Plan menu and list
Empty Fridge
Balance Accounts
Anti-Procrastination Day (do things on my list I have been putting off)
Zone clean 15 min.

Thursday:

Dust House
Wash Windows
Errand Day
Zone clean 15 min

Friday:
Do Laundry
Clean Bathtub
File Papers
Write letters/notes
Clean out Car
Clean out Purse
Zone clean 15 min
Plan something romantic for husband

Saturday:

Garden 15 min.
Zone clean 15 min.
Prep Sunday School lesson
Family Fun Day

We will see how this new idea shapes up in the coming weeks. I have changed a few other things around as well which I will talk about in another post. I also need to show you some delightful and adorable hair bows I tried making recently. I may have a new addiction coming on. Giant hair bows. Also, I finished a Thanksgiving dress the same month I bought the fabric...and before the actual holiday too. I will have to photograph that as well and show you soon. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I will do my best.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

I love spreading the cleaning out. It works for me. I use a daily schedule from Motivated Moms. (I found it online). It works somedays and sometimes not! Enjoy the holidays.