Monday, January 10, 2011

365 Days of Creativity

I was over on the front page of Etsy the other day and I saw this blog post on being creative every day. I then ventured over to the 365: Make Something Every Day website and looked through the front page of that and even journeyed over to a couple of other blogs to see what people are doing every day.

This idea intrigues me. I find myself wanting to join in. But then I question myself and the idea of it all. Do I really need something else on my plate that I HAVE to do? Oh, but I really want to. I want to stretch myself in this manner. I do.

But it has to be simple. It simply MUST be something I could do every day for a year and not get burnt out. But what? What could I do every day for 365 days and not get tired of.

I have a couple of ideas and I thought I would run them by you all and see what you think. Keep in mind that I haven't quite decided whether I want to participate this year or not. It's just an idea at this stage.

1. Photography. I could take an interesting photograph every day. This would help me learn my new camera and all the functions it possesses.

2. Random things. I could just make little random things every day. From origami to crocheting or knitting to cardmaking.

3. Children's Art. The idea of this intrigues me most. I thought it would be fun to make children's art (which I already do with Chloe for school) and explore it a little bit more.

4. Kitchen. I thought I could try to be creative with food on a daily basis. From making cookies or cakes, to trying new recipes to presenting food in an interesting manner. Even table decorating could come into play here.


So, what's your vote? Which medium should I explore for 365 days?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I think this is a great idea Anna. I have a friend who does the 365 photos of herself (she got burnt out last year around 250 something) but the ones of her kids, she does and it has really helped her photo taking skills develop. She loves it and it's a great way to see your child grow over the year too. I will join your cheer squad! Go Anna! Woo!

Lindy said...

I'm working on pictures everyday. I would love to have the time to create something everyday, but I should probably carve that time out for something else and work my way up to it! Good luck!

Pretty Pauline said...

Kid art appeals to me the most. What a great idea! How does one fit it all in though?

Anonymous said...

Hhmmm...what to do, what to do? Whatever you do, do it in small increments so it doesn't overwhelm you. At first that may not seem like a big deal when your enthusiasm is high. Eventually it will be much appreciated. Perhaps you could combine all the things you mentioned to form a sort of "memory" book. You could include photos, random things (like writing down things your kids said that they will love to see in later years). You could include childrens are - things you do as well as making your kids feel awesome by including their stuff at times. And who wouldn't love it if once a week or so you delighted everyone with some new kitchen creation!

Mary said...

I like the idea of taking photos everyday, especially because it will help you learn about your camera. But I do like the children's art idea the best! I would love to see what you come up with!