Friday, January 07, 2011

Happiness in the Kitchen

My crocheted dishcloths are so old and gross. I've had them for a few years now and every time I get a clean one out I think to myself, "I need to crochet some new ones." I never get around to it though. It's one of those things I just don't think about until I need to use one.

Well, anyhow, I ran out the other night after dinner to pick up a few balls of Lily Sugar'n Cream so I could crochet some bright and cheery dishcloths for my kitchen. I am in need of some bright colors too. Something that makes me smile while I wash my dishes. I found the perfect pattern and the perfect colors.

Photobucket


Don't those colors just make you smile? They sure make me happy. I can't wait to use them.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I used Lily Sugar'n Cream yarn in hot green, yellow and white for the dishcloths and also their Daffodil Pattern on their website. You have to sign up to view it though. I saw it here on ravelry first.

Photobucket


As you can probably see, I have yet to figure out how to use my new camera. I just can't seem to figure it out on my own. James mentioned sending to me to a class or something so hopefully that will happen soon. I am dying to take some good quality photographs. And now I must be off. Awanas starts for the new year tonight. Chloe should be able to finish her book tonight and so we are super de duperly excited. Have a wonderful Friday evening.

5 comments:

LadySnow said...

Oooo...pretty :-)

Sarah said...

They are bright and cheery! Have fun at Awanas!

Lindy said...

Love the colors! I should make some tonight! We were teaching people to crochet at MOPS and we started with dish towels. I had actually never made or used any! I love them now. Happy cleaning!:)

Lisa said...

Yes, they are super cute and super cheery! Love that bright green!

Sarah said...

Hey Anna, a good while back, I purchased the Vintage Shell Clutch from you, I've somehow lost it on my computer or deleted it by accident. Could you re-send it to me?