It's that time of year again. The first day. A fresh start. A clean slate. A whole new year with no mistakes in it...yet.
I always find myself making New Year's Goals. Not necessarily resolutions, but goals. Something to aim for in the new year. Resolutions are so easily broken and thus nullified. With a goal I aim, I reach and if I fall short, oh well...at least I am somewhere higher than when I started. I like goals.
So, here are my New Year's Goals for 2011.
1. Become Christ-like. This is the most important goal on my list this year. My goal is to shift the focus back onto Christ where it should be instead of on myself or other people. To re-examine the spiritual disciplines and add them back into my life. To study everything I say and do and with God's wisdom decide if those bring glory to Jesus Christ or myself. To find ways to bring honor and glory to Jesus in everything I do. From keeping my home to blogging and even such things as scrapbooking.
2. Become more spiritually disciplined. I have slipped up this past year and let some major disciplines slide. I have faltered while maintaining appearances of holding it together. I succumbed to laziness and self-centeredness. But no longer. I resolve to re-discipline my life to become a godly woman after God's own heart.
3. Blog every day...on both blogs.
4. Use all yarn in stash and finish all projects I have purchased supplies for.
5. Design a new dress pattern for Chloe. Yes, I wrote that. I would really love to design a new dress for Chloe this year in crochet. I hope that if I take it slow and steady, I can design a dress by Christmas of next year. No pushing myself. No late nights. Just casually designing. For the sheer enjoyment of it. I think I could handle that. Let's just hope the wrists can too.
6. Lose 20 pounds. Ugggg. Arrgghhh. Can you believe I put that on here? Sheesh! I've always hated those New Year's Resolutions to lose weight. The diets start. Crazy, famished people running around, making me feel guilty for eating my double fudge chocolate chip cookies in front of them. Declining homemade goodies while munching on carrots and water. Oh goodness gracious. Can I really be becoming one of those? Well....I guess I am. But I need motivation. And lots of it. So, because James wants this more than I do he has agreed to buy me a new movie for every 2 pounds I lose. I also get a new outfit for every 5 pounds I lose. Talk about motivation! A new movie every two pounds??? I worked out harder today than I have in the past month. All for the love of "How to Steal a Million." Ohhhhh...how I want that movie. How I love that movie.
Okay. So, I figure that's enough for now. I will have my work cut out for me, but like I wrote earlier...these are goals. If I don't reach the end, at least I got somewhere in the aiming.
I hope you all have a blessed new year. May you reach for the stars and find yourself on the moon (or at least on cloud nine). Happy 2011 everyone.