Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Day 20 - 365 Days of Creativity

Saturday I needed new projects. I rushed out to Joann's for an hour to pick up some supplies. We headed to our kitchen cabinet appointment after which I came home close to tears at the cost of a simple kitchen remodel. ($12,000 just for cabinets) I desperately needed a bright and cheery project to bring a smile to my face.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


This brightly colored flower pillow certainly fit the bill. I made this for Chloe's new "bright" bedroom. We decided on a flower/garden type theme. I can't wait to show you more projects as they are created. We will start painting next week, hopefully.

Anyways, this pillow was made with an assortment of yarns. From Red Heart Super Saver to Vanna White Baby to Bernat Satin. Chloe and I picked whatever bright colors we saw and liked together.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I love the colors stacked together. Don't you? So bight and girly. I found this Afghan Reincarnation pattern on ravelry and knew it would be just the pillow for Chloe's bed. I plan on adding many more pillows too. I thought that would be fun for Chloe to have a plethora of pillows to lounge around on while she reads books or colors or draws or what-have-you.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Now I must be off to play with fondant. I will try to catch up on my creative posts later this evening. I have so much to show you and there just isn't quite enough time in the day to do that. Have a fabulous afternoon and evening.

3 comments:

LadySnow said...

I can't wait to see Chloe's bedroom. Ugh....the price of new cabinets. That's insane. I definitely won't be getting a "new" kitchen in this lifetime. Maybe my children will. ;-)

Sarah said...

Now that, is absolutely darling! I like that Chloe helped pick her colors. It is very cheery! :)Sure to bring a smile.

Anna said...

Ladysnow,the price was the first quote we received from Lowes. We have been shopping around this week and we now have it under $4,000. Much better and right in our price range too. We will definitely NOT be purchasing them from Lowes.