Thursday, June 23, 2011

Garden Collage

I thought I would share this little art project with you today since if I don't I probably won't remember or get around to it in the future. Chloe asked if I would "play" with her this morning. We've had so many Me and Mommy Days lately that I didn't quite feel up to another "My Little Pony" episode or such like. I suggested to her that we pick an art project from her 365 Things to Make and Do book. She gracefully agreed.

Photobucket


We began by painting the background on our watercolor paper. Then we rummaged through our pile of fabric scraps for the flowers, butterflies, bumblebees and dragonflies.

Photobucket


Four hours later, we completed our creations. Here is mine.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And here is Chloe's collage. I am always amazed at her artistic abilities. While I merely copy something, changing only a few things as needed based on supplies and whatnot, Chloe will take the general idea of the project and create something totally unique. There is no copying for this creative genius.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I think I will frame these and hang them in Chloe's bedroom. Wouldn't they just fit with her garden flower theme? And now, I have found a bread recipe with ingredients I have on hand, so I am off to make bread for supper. Yum! Have an amazing evening.

No comments: