Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Love Notes

Chloe ran down stairs yesterday and silently handed me a note.


Photobucket


It read...


"I love you Mommy. Do you love me?"


I stopped what I was doing and smiled at her. "Yes. I love you very much!"

"I knew you would say that!" she replied with a grin as she scampered away up the stairs.

A few minutes later, I heard the pitter patter of feet scurrying down the stairs and a second note fluttered into my lap. I picked it up.


Photobucket


The second note read...


Ok. So you love me. Ok. So I love you too. I ssssoooo lllloooovvvveeee ttttttooooooo!"


I laughed and hugged her and planted kisses all over her face. This little girls lights up my world. I reluctantly let her go as she announced that she would like to write me another note. Can it get any better than what she already wrote?

When she trotted back downstairs for the third time, grasping the third note firmly in her fingers, she gingerly handed it to me and said, "This note is not for you. It's for Daddy."


Photobucket


How sweet is that? My heart melts. She meekly informed me that she wrote another note for Daddy but that I couldn't see it because I would get mad. I promised her I would NOT get mad. She picked up her foot. Her foot? Yes, her foot! And here is what I read...


Photobucket



"I miss you Daddy!"


...was written across the bottom of both her feet. I couldn't stop laughing. I am chuckling now as I write this post. This child is the sweetest little girl. So full of spunk and fun. She loves laughing and making other people laugh. Laughter is good for the soul. Even when we are missing our Daddy! I choose to ignore the fact that my daughter has ink seeping in through her skin (which makes me cringe...I have a phobia of ink on skin...but we don't need to discuss this) and laugh with her.

No comments: