Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Sparrows

I stood at my back window the other day watching the sparrows. I quietly observed about 30 or so sparrows, pecking seeds off the ground. Beside them stood a dove. One lone dove. I love my doves. They are such sweet birds. So gentle. So kind. They do not chase away the smaller birds as the black birds (Common Grackle, Cowbird, etc.) do. They walk on the ground, side by side with the sparrows and wrens, eating the same seeds.

As I stood there, ruminating about some recent circumstances in my life, a thought seeped into my head.

"God is watching those sparrows too. His eye is on those sparrows."

Wow! Just when I was feeling despairing and forlorn, God reminded me that He is watching over me. He cares for me so much more than the sparrows. And how neat to think that maybe God and I were watching those sparrows together.


"Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!"
Luke 12:22-24


You see? I am much more valuable than birds. God said so right there. God will take care of me, through whatever storm I must pass through. My God will carry me through.

No comments: