Here is a list I compiled of things I would like to do this fall with or for Chloe and James. I have no idea if we can even get it all done, but I am going to try. These are things I want to do every year but when it comes right down to picking something to do on a given weekend my mind draws a blank and I end up saying something stupid like, "I don't know...what do YOU want to do." Well, not this year. I have my pre-made list ready and now there shall be no excuses.
1. Day Camping Trip - go camping for an afternoon/evening with all the expected "camping activities" only come home to sleep in our own bed instead of the hard, cold forest floor.
2. Go for a hike in a State Park we have yet to visit
3. Bake Monarch Butterfly cupcakes.
4. Bake an apple pie
5. Make a gold leaf tree for our coffee table
6. Make Thanksgiving Placemats
7. Make Caramel Apples
8. Make Caramels
9. Carve a pumpkin
10. Bake a pumpkin roll (yummy! a must-do every year item)
11. Decorate the house for fall
12. Sew a fall dress for Chloe
13. Fry doughnuts
14. Make soft squishy pumpkins
15. Make a pom pom tree
16. Take a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway to see the fall foliage
17. Make sausage ratatouille
18. Make chicken pot pie
19. Build a scarecrow
20. Turkey Trot mile run
21. Make cornhusk dolls
22. Throw an Apple themed playdate party
23. Make Bread Bowls and chili
24. Visit a local farm fall festival and corn maze
25. Attend a Thanksgiving Parade
26. Make lots and lots of fall crafts!
27. Make a fall wreath for the front door.
28. Attend the local "day after Thanksgiving" festivities with ice skating, Santa, carriage rides and tree lighting.