Friday, January 27, 2012

We're In!

Our adoption application has been APPROVED! I am so excited. Giddy, really. I know this is just one small step in the long process of adoption, but it feels so incredibly good. We have our foot in the door. More like our big toe...or the edge of our toenail...something is in the door anyways. The process has officially begun!

So, the next step is an application interview. I am not sure what that entails other than we will meet the coordinator for the older child adoption program and discuss information regarding the agency and the program details. We will also meet our social worker to receive the paperwork we need to complete for the homestudy process to begin.

I just have to say something.

WHEEEEEEEEEE! (with a high-pitched squeal in my voice)

There. Now that I got that out of my system...

I can't believe this is finally happening. We've been working on this for a few years. The timing has just been wrong so often. James deployed (twice) and we thought we were moving to England and a whole myriad of other "things" popped up that prevented us from taking the first step. I feel surreal...like it isn't really happening. It sort of reminds me of the feeling I had the day before Chloe was born. You've been waiting for this thrilling moment for a long time and you don't really know everything to expect but you know your life is about to change drastically.

Woah. I need to breathe. My heart is pounding. This is really happening!

1 comment:

LadySnow said...

I squealed for joy for you! I am so happy. I know you have been trying for this for a long time. Blessings to you my friend!