Thursday, March 08, 2012

Dr. Seuss Celebration

March 2nd was Dr. Seuss' birthday. Chloe and I celebrated in style. First, I quickly whipped up a Dr. Seuss cake.


Photobucket


I sure wish I could decorate cakes much better. Just keep in mind that I made and decorated this cake in one afternoon. I was pressed for time.


Photobucket

Photobucket


While waiting for the cake to bake, we pulled out Chloe's Dr Seuss collection of books and read a few. We started with "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish".


Photobucket


After our reading time, I brought out the art supplies. Art Dr Seuss style. How Fun!


Photobucket

Photobucket


And you know I just had to get in on the fun. Who can resist the silliness that is Dr. Seuss?


Photobucket


What a fun day!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a great idea! and so fun for kids too! I wish I could do cakes, but they escape me. You did a great job!