Friday, April 27, 2012

Artist Smock and Gift Set

Untitled

Chloe's dearest friend is having a birthday this week. She loves art. Chloe loves art. So together, Chloe and I came up with a gift idea any young artist would love. I found this art smock tutorial over at Make It and Love It and knew it would be perfect.


Untitled

Untitled


And, as can be expected when you hand my daughter a paint brush and an empty paint palette, she posed for a couple of pictures and then proceeded to painting herself (for pretend, of course...or so she informed me).


Untitled


I chose it because the front pocket would allow for additional supply storage, making this a gift and wrapping all in one.


Untitled


We added watercolor paints, a set of brushes, a palette, oil pastels and some texture sponges to the pockets.


Untitled


I folded the smock in half and placed it on top of a ream of art paper which I tied together with satin ribbon.


Untitled

Chloe is so excited to give this artist gift set to her best friend tomorrow.

No comments: