Monday, April 23, 2012

Earth Day Cake

I love cake. Maybe you already knew this. But I just thought I should say it again because this is an extremely important fact to make note of. I love cake! I wish people wouldn't give me such a hard time over my consumption of cake or I would eat it more. Really, I could bake a cake for every holiday. Oh. Today is Friday? I have a cake for that.

 Yes, I love cake. I dream of being a cake designer someday. Pipe dreams. Mere pipe dreams. I am so far away from achieving this dream that I might as well join the Olympics this summer. (And anyone who knows me knows how ludicrous that would be, since I am basically a couch potato for all intents and purposes)

 Since we celebrated Earth Day yesterday, in the rain, I decided to whip up an earth cake.


Untitled

Chloe mixed up a french vanilla cake mix. We divided the batter in half and stirred in blue and green icing colors. I baked the cake in half of my sport ball cake pan.

 
Untitled Photobucket

Now, in theory, this should have worked. But I found that my blue batter did not make it to the crust of my cake. Only the green. So, in order to see the vibrant colors of our "earth", I had to cut the cake in half. Hmmmm...I will have to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it. Meanwhile, we ate the cake.

 
Untitled

Untitled

Happy Earth day! Since we received quite the downpour yesterday, we will pick up trash in our neighborhood today.

No comments: