Friday, May 04, 2012

The War on Cat Hair

(Disclaimer: If you have a weak stomach, I strongly urge you to move on to another blog or website today. I don't know if I am even going to be able to handle what I am about to post. You have been duly warned.)

As many of you long time readers know, I have a little floor fetish. My floors must be immaculate at all times. I know...I know. Tough job, right? You should feel sorry for me. VERY sorry! This is pretty near impossible. Consider for a minute the fact that I have 3 cats. Yes, that's right. Three. T-H-R-E-E. Now you see why keeping the floors immaculate haunts me? Especially a person in my condition? (with that whole floor fetish and all)

I hate sitting down on the couch in my Sunday best to enjoy one last cup of coffee before church, only to rise covered in little hairs. UGH!

James hugs my shoulders and leans way in to give me a peck of a kiss before he leaves for work in the morning. Nothing but my shoulders and arms are allowed to touch his body for fear of cat hair jumping from my clothes to his. UGH!

Nothing is worse than dropping a gummy worm while watching a movie only to receive a mouthful of cat hair when you retrieve and insert it into your mouth. The 10 second rule does not apply in our house. If you drop food, consider it gone forever. This applies to furniture and clothing as well as the floor. If you drop it, its gone. UGH!

Well, its time to do battle. Clean freak style.

Chloe picked out the Libman Freedom Floor Duster from the grocery store the other day stating it would be perfect. I agreed and purchased it. Monday I began my twice a day dust mopping of the kitchen floor. Today Chloe suggested a thrice a day dusting. I may have to take her advice. We shall see. I have also proceeded a counter attack. Every time I enter the kitchen, I wipe down the counters and stove with vinegar water and a paper towel.

But the carpet and couches. UGH! 

James suggested (after listening to my complaints yesterday) that I try vacuuming twice to see how much I pick up the second time. He thought that if I continued vacuuming over and over that maybe after a while the vacuum would cease to pick up stuff, rendering the floors immaculate.

So, this morning I did just that. I vacuumed the entire house. Twice.

Here is what came out of the vacuum after the second sweep.


dirt

UGH!

Okay. So what makes that pile of cat hair, dirt and who knows what else so incredibly disgusting is the fact that I vacuumed AND steam cleaned my carpets this past Monday. I vacuumed Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Today is Friday and this was my second time through. Only the second time. (I emptied the canister before I went through again.)

Please know that I take this extremely serious. The cat hair wants a battle and a battle it will have. I don't play around. I will prevail. I will win. I will be able to hug my husband while he is wearing black in a loving and warm embrace. I will. You have not seen the last of me, oh evil cat hair!

No comments: