Monday, August 20, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

Happy Monday to you all. I hope today has found you content and well. We said goodbye to James for the week (He'll be back Friday) and so it's just us girls for a few days. (Can anyone say PAR-TAY?) Just kidding...we will miss him. Desperately. Although Chloe is quite thrilled to be able to sleep in my bed with me. A luxury she only experiences while James is away. Spoiled child!

Anyways, onto the topic at hand. Since I made the decision to eat healthier and use whole foods as much as possible, I contemplated maybe joining in on this blogging food menus craze I've noticed around the blogosphere.  (That word is so funny. Spell checker wants me to use heliosphere instead.) I thought maybe this would be a way to get my blogging juices flowing and produce a steady stream of posts...once a week...about food. Okay. So, I know. That sounds...well...a little boring, if truth be told. But hey! A girls gotta start somewhere when she hasn't blogged more than a handful of posts the entire year and all she's been able to think about for the past 3 weeks straight is food. Give a girl a break, why dontcha. And so...without further ado, I present to you my menu for the next week. (My shopping day is Thursday so my weekly plan starts that evening)

Thursday - Grilled Marinated Chicken served with garden salad and corn on the cob

Friday - BBQ Chicken Pizza on Whole Grain Flatbread found in my copy of Healthy Kitchen Summer 2011 (this is the same magazine I got my Swordfish Skewers and Thai Lettuce Wraps from)

Saturday - Grilled steaks served with Macaroni and Cheese and steamed broccoli

Sunday - Sunday Pot Roast served with Roast Potatoes and Sweet Dinner Rolls

Monday - Black Bean Tostadas served with Amusement Park Cornbread, Mexican Rice and Savory Green Beans (adapted...I'll have to share my updated recipe with you when I am done)

Tuesday - General Tso's Chicken served with Ramp & Swiss Chard Dumplings and a garden salad

Wednesday - Grilled Salmon served with eggplant fries and a garden salad

And our soup for the week is Tilapia Corn Chowder.  Chloe mentioned a couple of weeks ago that she was a little tired of sandwiches for lunch and asked if I could make something else. I decided that soups would be a great lunch. They are not filling enough for James to eat for dinner and if I make one soup a week, Chloe and I can eat on it everyday for lunch. It will be a great way for me to try all the soup recipes I never seem to get around to making.

Oh my goodness! Is it time to eat yet? I'm getting awfully hungry.

No comments: