Monday, August 27, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

Is it Monday already? Where did the week go? Sheesh. Time flies when your cooking up a storm. (and cleaning the kitchen.)

We are traveling to the beach next week. Hooray! Time for a much needed family vacation. I am so excited! My menu plan will be shortened this week due to said travels and I will write another post with what foods I plan to pack along with us for our trip.

Also, I realized after I wrote last weeks plan, that normally I make a plan and then we end up not eating all the food I originally intended. So I push the meals to the next week. If you see repeats, that is why. We don't literally eat the same things every week. Unless, of course, you are talking about steaks with homemade macaroni and cheese. That is a weekly staple in this house. A girls gotta do what it takes to make her man happy. And steaks with mac and cheese makes my man very happy.

Thursday - General Tso's Chicken served with Ramp and Swiss Chard Dumplings and a garden salad

Friday - BBQ Chicken Pizza on Whole Grain Flatbread

Saturday - Grilled Marinated Chicken served with garden salad and roasted asparagus

After that we will be hitting the waves.

Oh...but wait. The soup for the week will be Cumin Roasted Cauliflower Soup. (More on my recent addiction to soup in another post, very soon.)

No comments: